As we welcome our community back to the Convention Centre, we are pleased to provide details about local services and new protocols related to Covid-19.
At the Calgary TELUS Convention Centre (CTCC), your safety and health are our top priorities. We are committed to doing all that we can to protect our clients, staff and community in a time of the global pandemic.
Hosting face-to-face meetings and events in this new reality requires adjustments. Our team is working with clients and industry stakeholders to implement best practices and improve our safety and cleaning protocols. We continue to monitor new developments and will align our procedures with updated recommendations from local and provincial health authorities.
This Covid-19 Health and Safety Strategy outlines our efforts to keep our guests and employees safe, and includes enhanced hygiene and physical distancing measures.
If you have questions or concerns about our health and safety practices, please reach out to us. Our team of event professionals looks forward to discussing how we can work together to create a safe and memorable event experience for you and your guests.
Highlights of our enhanced health and safety protocols
During your visit, you will notice the following measures now in place to protect the health of our guests and staff.
- Welcome ambassador – As you arrive, you will be greeted by a staff member who will answer questions, point out safety measures and monitor traffic flow for appropriate physical distancing.
- Screening measures – Allow a few extra minutes to accommodate the enhanced screening measures now in place. These procedures align with health authority recommendations.
- Staggered arrivals – Events are carefully scheduled to accommodate appropriate physical distancing.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – As per the City of Calgary’s Bylaw, staff and guests are required to wear masks in all indoor public spaces, including our Convention Centre. Physical barriers have been implemented as required.
Physical Distancing & Reduced Contact
- Venue modifications – Updates include dedicated entry and exit points, one-way traffic indicators and other signage, temporary barriers and floor demarcation, all of which serve to enhance physical distancing measures. In addition, your dedicated Event Manager will work with you to plan appropriate guest capacities and floorplans for your event.
- Assigned seating – Where possible, we encourage the use of assigned seats to minimize the number of people using the same chair and place setting.
- Ventilation –With our Award Winning air filtration system, we have improved the air quality within our venue by maximizing outside air and optimizing air handling schedules.
- Rapid Response Plan – Identified strategies are in place to isolate and assist any guest who might experience symptoms during an event.
- MeetSAFE Program – We are working hand-in-hand with our official audio-visual supplier Encore to develop safer meeting formats, technology solutions, and other strategies for hosting in-person, virtual and hybrid events. Please contact us for details.
Sanitization and Cleaning
- GBAC STAR™ accreditation – We have achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council ® STAR Accreditation, a program that verifies that our venue has implemented best practices to prepare for, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
- Touch-free amenities – Contactless soap and hand towel dispensers, sanitization and hand wash stations are available throughout the convention centre.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization schedule – Focus is placed on high touch points on furniture and door hardware, as well as increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization in meeting rooms, washrooms and common use areas.
- Monitoring – We regularly test the effectiveness of sanitization procedures in use throughout the building.
Food and Beverage
- Reimagined menus – Our official catering partner, Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, has adapted our menus to adhere to current health guidelines. While some menu items may be new, our food and beverage offerings remain as flavourful as ever.
- Serving safely – As traditional buffet service is currently suspended, we are pleased to offer compostable meal boxes and individual plate service. Our culinary team customizes safe options based on the size and specific requirements of your event.
- Food safety procedures – Meals are prepared in a kitchen that adheres to Marriott International, Alberta Food Safety and Public Health requirements. All procedures for kitchen and service staff continue to be reviewed to conform to public health recommendations and Marriott International standards.